Job ID# 14976
Allina Health EMS
Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Allina Health Emergency Medical Services (AHEMS), with nearly 80,000 ambulance calls each year, is a regional leader in providing state-of-the art emergency and medical transport services. Both emergency and non-emergency medical transportation are provided in seven counties, encompassing nearly 80 Minnesota communities and reaching more than 1,000,000 people.
• Patient Care (50%): Provide & maintain high medical standards of care to the sick & injured per standard operating procedures.
• Transport (30%): To provide safe, timely transportation of self & patients from scene to facility or inter-facility.
• Customer Relations (5%): Present a professional & well-groomed appearance to the public. Establish & maintain good rapport with local EMS organizations. Internal: maintain good attitude towards co-workers
• Quality Improvement (5%): Decreased waste, improved processes, improved overall productivity, improved customer satisfaction.
• Documentation (5%): Provide concise, accurate information pertaining to the initial condition, history & treatment procedures for the patient.
• Vehicle Care/Base & Equipment Maintenance (5%): Maintain a clean & stocked vehicle & base. Maintain all special equipment on vehicles. Obtain & secure Class A narcotics.
High school diploma or GED
• Paramedic certification along with current ACLS and BLS certification.
• Driving record must meet acceptable guidelines under the Allina Fleet Safety Policy.
*Work Schedule – Additional Position Details
This position requires 48 hours of paid on call work per month and the ability to fill in shifts for vacations when needed,
License(s)/Certificate(s) – check all that apply
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support
• Driver’s License
• Basic Life Support
• Paramedic – Certified
Glencoe, named for its resemblance to a valley in Scotland, was the first city to be officially founded by settlers in McLeod County.The town was the subject of French film director Louis Malle’s 1985 documentary God’s Country. The park system includes Oak Leaf Park, the flagship park in the municipal park system. Oak Leaf Park includes the Glencoe Aquatic Center, softball fields, a disc golf course, a large playground, fishing pond and wildlife refuge. For your family picnics, reunions and other event needs, the park has five shelters available to rent. The park is also home to Vollmer Field, home of the Glencoe Brewers and two-time site of the MN State Amateur Baseball Tournament.
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today at www.allinahealth.org/careers. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA