The City of Cannon Falls is seeking applicants for the position of FT Paramedic. Minimum qualifications include: high school diploma or GED; current CPR/BLS card; ACLS card; PALS or equivalent card; current MN EMSRB paramedic certification or eligible for certification in MN; valid MN driver’s license; and satisfactory driving record. Position description and application are available at www.cannonfallsmn.gov. Pay range is $19.58 to $23.88 per hour depending upon qualifications, plus benefits. Please submit letter of interest, resume and completed application no later than 4:30 p.m. on March 11, 2015, to Paramedic Search, c/o Michelle Sandeen, Human Resources, 918 River Road, Cannon Falls, MN 55009 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
CITY OF CANNON FALLS
REPORTS TO: Ambulance Director
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
JOB POINTS: 215
PAY GRADE: Pay Grade 9
Serves as a Paramedic to assist in meeting State mandated ambulance staffing requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Is responsible for performing the pre-hospital care duties defined by the State of Minnesota EMS Regulatory Board for a Paramedic, including, but not limited to, field patient care, emergency vehicle operation, and interagency communication and operations
- Is responsible for maintenance of interior cleanliness of ambulances
- Is responsible for re-stocking ambulance supplies following each call
- Completes appropriate State-mandated documentation on each ambulance call
- Attends and participates in departmental training sessions as directed
- Along with the Ambulance Director and other supervisory staff, participates in outside activities, related to emergency medical services, to represent and further the interests of the Cannon Falls Ambulance Service
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with other City employees, as a team, to build a unified organization
- Works with EMT driver and an additional EMT on emergency 911 calls and inter-facility transports
- Promotes a positive image for the City and its staff
- Performs other job related duties as assigned or apparent
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS
- Maintain a minimum of National Registry and/or State of Minnesota certification as a Paramedic
- Must be CEVO (Certified Emergency Vehicle Operator) certified, or be able to obtain same as soon as a suitable class opening can be found
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Skill in operating listed tools and equipment
- Ability to carry out assigned projects to their completion
- Effective oral and written communication skills, as well as the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those individuals contacted in the course of work
- This position works with data and people relationships requiring a high level of confidentiality, ethics and trust
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
- Must have a working knowledge of all equipment and supplies carried on board the City’s ambulances for Basic Life Support calls
- Must have a working knowledge of all equipment and supplies carried on board the City’s ambulances for Advanced Life Support calls
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear; use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms. The employee is further required to face exposure to infectious biological agents such as hepatitis B or HIV; to spend excessive time outside, exposed to the elements; to encounter a variety of physical hazards, to make decisions that could have life or death consequences, under difficult and stressful conditions, with limited information, during emergency conditions; be exposed to potential grotesque sights, sounds, and smells associated with major trauma and burn victims; maintain personal safety and make critical decisions in a confused, chaotic environment.
The employee must occasionally, with the help of a partner(s), lift and/or move patients and equipment which may exceed 300 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the environment is usually moderate, but can occasionally be high due to vehicle warning devices being utilized or equipment being operated at some scenes
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and experience required. To perform this job successfully, the worker must possess the abilities and aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and the requirements of the job change.