The City of Woodbury is seeking applicants for the position of casual part-time paramedic. Casual paramedics work shifts on an as-needed basis and/or work regularly scheduled shifts based on availability. Paramedics are responsible for providing Advanced Life Support services and ambulance transport to patients in need of medical assistance. Paramedics will integrate with police and fire operations. Casual paramedics may also be given the opportunity to assist with EMS education.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 18 Years of age or older on appointment date
- Possess a driver’s license and be insurable
- Must be able to drive City vehicles to perform the duties of paramedic
- Completion of accredited paramedic program and possess current state certification
- Current CPR and ACLS certification
- One year of experience as a paramedic on a 911 ALS ambulance service
- A.A.S., A.S. or Bachelor’s degree
- Possess current national registry certification
- Demonstrated career interest in police or fire services
- Full salary range is $18.00 – $30.09/hour (DOQ) with no benefits.
A City of Woodbury application packet must be completed to be considered for this position. Application packets are available in the following ways:
- By visiting our Web site and downloading the forms at www.ci.woodbury.mn.us;
- By stopping at City Hall, 8301 Valley Creek Road, Woodbury, MN55125;
- By calling our job line at (651) 714-3562;
- By calling Administration at (651) 714-3523;
- By email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Completed application packets must be received no later than 4:30 p.m. on Friday, November 15, 2013. Position will be filled as needed from the qualified applicant pool.
The City of Woodbury does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability in the admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs, activities or services. To obtain this information in alternative forms such as Braille, large print, audiotape, or qualified reader, please contact the City of Woodbury at one of the above numbers.