The EMSRB has a job opening for an EMS Specialist position. This position is responsible for providing a variety of emergency medical services (EMS) activities and duties in the Southwest region of the State of Minnesota. Although the EMSRB office is located in Minneapolis, this position will have responsibilities in southwestern Minnesota, and may have an office, which may be home-based, in that region. Job responsibilities include:
- Conduct compliance inspections of and provide technical assistance to ambulance services.
- Conduct compliance site-visits and provide technical assistance to EMS education programs.
- Investigate complaints against EMS personnel, ambulance services and EMS education programs.
- Monitor compliance with MNSTAR (Minnesota State Ambulance Service Reporting) and provide ambulance services with assistance in submitting patient care reports to MNSTAR and using MNSTAR data for quality assurance and quality improvement.
- Provide technical assistance pertaining to ambulance services; education programs on web-based licensing; and approval and registration/certification systems used and maintained by the EMSRB.
- Work with personnel from the from Homeland Security and Emergency Management and the Minnesota Department of Health-Office of Emergency Preparedness in providing EMS related technical assistance at the local and regional levels in the event of, or during disasters and multiple casualty incidents.
- Participate in all hazard preparedness planning activities and will be responsible for agency on-call duties in carrying out duties in the Minnesota Emergency Operation Plan.
For more information and position qualifications please go to: https://statejobs.doer.state.mn.us/JobPosting/aacfe0ed36b53adcf13a5b8569ff9061/View, please note the closing date for this position is Friday April 24, 2015.
Selection Process: The selection process is a resume-based, skill-matching process. Resumes of all applicants to this posting will be evaluated against the Minimum Qualifications stated above. If your skills match the required skills for this position, the department may contact you.
How to Apply: Most State selection processes utilize a resume-based screening process. You will be contacted by agency staff if your background best matches the selection criteria on this job posting. To apply for this position, click the APPLY box found at the bottom of this job announcement. For additional information about the State’s selection process, go to http://www.mn.gov/mmb/careers/.