Find more than a job. Find more in yourself.
Find your calling. Essentia Health seeks employees who embrace our commitment to patient-and family-centered care in communities both large and small. We’re looking for people who are committed to making patients and their families feel known and understood. People who understand what it means to be Here with you.
People who are willing to use their strengths to help others.
Paramedic (0.9 FTE) – Sandstone, MN
The Paramedic will work under general supervision, provides emergency and non-emergency care to the ill and injured, to include assessment of illness and/or injury, management of such patients, preparation for transport, safe and therapeutic administration of medications including narcotics, transfer of information, and patient care. Provides advanced life support emergency medical services to patients. Functions within the scope of licensure. This position requires a high level of customer service skills to establish and enhance positive relationships with patients, co-workers, and others.
Education and/or years experience required:
• High School Diploma or GED
• EMS experience preferred.
• NIMS 100, 200, 700
• NIMS 800 preferred
- Minimum age of 23 unless exemption has been obtained
• Over 75, need to have medical permission
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the type of vehicle being driven
• Current Minnesota EMSRB certification as Paramedic or above OR be a Registered Nurse authorized by the EMSRB to operate as a Paramedic with Medical Director approval.
• Current provider level CPR certification
• Current ACLS certification
• Current PALS certification
• Current CALS or ATLS certification (or ability to obtain within one year of employment)
• Must meet educational requirements to maintain certification.
• State background check must provide clearance to work with vulnerable adults
- Current (valid) US/State Driver’s license
Essentia Health offers competitive salary and benefits that include medical, dental, life insurance, long-term disability, flex spending accounts, retirement plans, paid time off, and continuing education including tuition reimbursement.
To apply to this opportunity or others available at Essentia Health,
Please visit us online at www.essentiahealth.org/FindAJob
Quality Hospitality Respect Justice Stewardship Teamwork
We are called to make a healthy difference in people’s lives.
Essentia Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran Status.