Referral Source Liaison – Critical Care Outreach
Hennepin Healthcare is an integrated system of care that includes HCMC, a nationally recognized Level I Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center and acute care hospital. The comprehensive healthcare system includes a 484 bed academic medical center, a large outpatient Clinic & Specialty Center, and a network of primary and specialty care clinics in Minneapolis and in suburban communities. Hennepin Healthcare has a large psychiatric program, home care and hospice, and operates a research institute, innovation center and philanthropic foundation.
Hennepin Healthcare has an opening for a Referral Source Liaison – Critical Care Outreach on our Business Development team. This position is responsible for independently managing the referral source program and building relationships with providers across the state and region through formal and informal network development. This individual will leverage opportunities to bind referral source loyalty by creating a positive experience between the referral provider and HH. Will identify new referral sources and secure a mutual referral relationship that supports both organizations with quality and value for the patient. This position serves as a link between referral sources in strategically and geographically defined target segments.
- Strategy and Business Development Planning
- Work closely with service line leadership, faculty and staff of assigned clinical service areas to fully understand services and specialized capabilities at HCMC
- Gain internal support for the retention plan from internal stakeholders and encourage and support internal efforts to create a referral source – centric culture
- Prepare and present reports, summarizing retention and service activities; identify trends, opportunities and barriers to referral source loyalty and commitment
- Participate in Trauma / Critical Care Growth Initiative Planning with an emphasis on regular reporting of outreach efforts and market intelligence from the field
- Referral Business Retention / Stabilization
- Referral Source Liaison will write / provide regular Emergency Medical Services (EMS) ‘follow – up’ letters and quarterly tracking metrics to EMS providers who have brought patients to HCMC
- Referral Source Liaison will also provide feedback and quarterly tracking to referring physicians and hospitals
- As a part of the regular follow – up, Referral Source Liaison will offer field case studies as an opportunity to debrief with referring EMS providers
- Referral Source Enhancement
- Support retention efforts in coordination with Clinical Support Liaison dyad to engage referral sources in relationship building events and activities that have the potential to strengthen organizational allegiance and maintain referrals
- Coordinate / facilitate the provision of field case studies that are conducted by HCMC physicians and clinical experts to targeted referral sources
- Arrange and facilitate field case studies as well as follow – up to monitor impact
- Referral Source Liaison needs to be strategic in offering case studies that will open the door and position us for other service offerings and relations
- Work with the Clinical Support Liaisons and internal clinical and operational leaders to ensure steps are being followed to report and address physician issues and needs
- Manage ongoing contact with referral sources to extend relationship services
- Referral Source Expansion
- In addition to tending to those who are currently sending patients to HCMC, the Referral Source Liaison will be responsible for formulating a target list of organizations that are not referring patients to HCMC, but could
- Referral Source Liaison will reach out to the targeted potential referral sources to inform them of our Trauma / Critical Care and Burn services
- Referral Source Liaison also needs to be in tune to interest in other service offerings and document and report on those potential interests
- Performs other related duties as assigned, but only after appropriate training
- Bachelor’s Degree AND clinical licensure/degree/certification such as RN or EMT or other related specialty
- 3-5 years of experience in critical care, emergency department, or Paramedic / EMT or nursing or related clinical care environment
- Experience in clinical writing/ communication
- Additional education or experience with business, marketing or healthcare development
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities:
- Strong public speaking and interpersonal skills
- Strong business writing skills
- Understanding of customer service standards and expectations with a desire to exceed expectations.
- Highly motivated, self-disciplined and goal oriented
- Possess creative thinking skill to navigate complicated situations with a strong ability to problem solve.
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast pace environment while being able to prioritize multiple activities and respond in a timely manner to numerous requests.
- Ability to identify new referral opportunities through various methods and then turn opportunities into consistent mutually beneficial referral relationships.
- Commitment to document each provider encounter, including open request or needs, field intelligence, new opportunities, and the follow-up plan in Health Connect
- Ability to produce results measured by increased referral volumes and market share increases.
- Ability to travel within MN, ND, SD with occasional overnight stays
You’ve made the right choice in considering Hennepin Healthcare for your employment. We offer a wealth of opportunities for individuals who want to make an impact in our patients’ lives. We are dedicated to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to both current and prospective employees. We’re driven to connect talented individuals with life-changing career opportunities, enabling you to provide exceptional care without exception. Thank you for considering Hennepin Healthcare as a future employer.
Please Note: Offers of employment from Hennepin County Medical Center are conditional and contingent upon successful clearance of all background checks and pre-employment requirements.