Paramedic – Full-time $2,500 Sign on Bonus!
Full-time Paramedic $2,500 Sign on Bonus!
Note: Applications will be accepted until Friday 9/7/2018
What we’re looking for in you
• Demonstrated excellent judgment, problem solving and critical thinking skills used to make appropriate decisions to recognize and prioritize critical patients and to manage all aspects of the emergency scene independently.
• Thorough knowledge of Lakeview Paramedic/Emergency Response protocols, including knowledge of safe and therapeutic administration of drugs, and the proven ability to apply this knowledge in a practical sense.
• Displays excellent leadership and communication skills to direct other team members to assist as needed.
• Ability to handle high levels of stress.
• Graduate of an accredited Paramedic program.
• Must have a valid driver’s license with auto insurance, and meet all criteria required under Lakeview’s Automobile Liability Guidelines.
• Must have current National Registry EMT-P Certification; current MN EMT-P license and current WI EMT-P license (if not licensed as a WI EMT-P at hire, must have within 6 months of their start date).
• Must have current CPR and ACLS Certifications.
• Must have PALS Certification.
• Preferred certification in NIMS IS-100, IS-200, IS-700
• Availability to work 1.2 FTE, 96 hours pay period (16 hours of built in over-time per pay period)
The skills you bring as a Paramedic
In addition to the skills noted above: committed to exceptional experience – puts the ill and injured, family members and customers at the center, builds trust and respect; brings a positive attitude to the team, is involved and engaged and encourages sharing of ideas. Prioritizes work to assure that urgent and important work is completed first, i.e., inspects vehicles and equipment at the start of shift to maintain readiness. Correctly and consistently processes required department/hospital paperwork and patient care documents.
The purpose of the Paramedic role
As a Paramedic you will respond to routine and emergency calls to provide efficient and immediate care to the ill and injured, which include, acting independently using excellent judgment, prioritizing and decision making skills to act quickly in the best interest of the patient. Transport patients and performs medical evaluation and treatment within the scope of training. Provide leadership and direction to the other team members who assist as needed.
What our EMS team is saying
“As a clinician, there is no better service to work for!”
“We have a great team, great leadership, and the best equipment.”
“The EMS team is encouraging, helpful, and respectful.”
We also have:
• New fleet of industry leader Braun Ambulances
• Cutting edge equipment including Zoll X series monitors, Zoll Impact ventilators, Stryker Power-LOAD and Power PRO stretchers, CMAC video laryngoscopy, Handtevy Pediatric Kits, LUCAS 3, ImageTrend ePCR.
• Critical Care Paramedics
• 7,000 Annual Requests for service
• Special Event coverage including major Metro music festivals
• Tactical Paramedics – fully integrated with Washington County SWAT and Mobile Field Force
• EMS Education programs including, integrated first responder training, BLS, ACLS, PALS, and Critical Care education
Your life at Lakeview
Join Lakeview Hospital, a market leader providing an outstanding patient care experience in the Twin Cities metro area, on our exciting mission of keeping patients healthier, improving the patient experience for each individual, and providing affordable care. At Lakeview Hospital, you will find a culture of excellence, compassion, integrity and partnership. Our employees take great pride in making our mission happen every day.
Lakeview Hospital is nationally recognized for putting patients and safety first! We have a long history of being recognized for our outstanding patient care by local, state and national organizations. Other healthcare organizations strive to receive this recognition.
Stillwater is the birthplace of Minnesota, a jewel on the scenic St. Croix River. A short drive from downtown Minneapolis and St. Paul and just across the river from Wisconsin, Stillwater offers a hometown feel with big town benefits. Whether outdoor activities in the beautiful nearby state parks or shopping on historic main street is more your thing, Stillwater is a fabulous community in which to work, live and play.
Did you know…
Lakeview Hospital has free parking for all employees?
Date of Posting: 8/24/2018
Job Family: EMS, Paramedics
Primary Location: Lakeview Hospital – Stillwater, MN
Employment Status: Full-time
Benefit Eligibility: Full
Lakeview Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.