Join our amazing team at LifeCare Medical Center. In this role as an EMT, you are providing the values that LifeCare Medical Center has created; compassion, accountability, respect, and excellence. This part-time position responds to requests for ambulance services.
- Perform pre-hospital emergency assessment, monitor patient status, initiate
treatment protocols and implement appropriate invasive and non-invasive patient therapies.
- Respond to ambulance calls in a timely and safe manner as identified by local ambulance service
- Safe and timely transport of patients to medical treatment
- Assist hospital staff as needed in the stabilization and management of the patient until relieved by the acting medical
- Inventory and stock ambulances routinely and following each ambulance call to insure readiness to respond to the next
- Thoroughly document all patient activities on the run sheet to include vital signs, assessment, treatments, disposition & other data as indicated by local
- Render appropriate medical judgments and decisions under working
- An EMT completes duties under the guidelines of the Emergency Medical Services
Regulatory Board as laid out under State law and allowable per current licensure with the State of Minnesota.
- A 24-hour Refresher Course is required every two years for re-licensure.
- Successful completion of NREMT
- Current EMSRB and Minnesota EMT
- Emergency driving course approved by ambulance direct Possesses a valid driver’’s license.