LifeCare Medical Center, the employer of choice, has a dynamic opportunity for the right individual as a Paramedic. This position is the front line, close connection to our patients. This part-time position responds to requests for ambulance services.
- Perform pre-hospital emergency assessment, monitor patient status, initiate treatment protocols and implement appropriate invasive and non-invasive patient therapies
- Respond to ambulance calls in a timely and safe manner as identified by local ambulance service policy
- Safe and timely transport of patients to medical treatment facility.
- Assist hospital staff as needed in stabilization and management of patients until relieved by the acting medical authority.
- Thoroughly document all patient activities including vital signs, history, assessment, treatments, and administration of medications. Including IV’S, the observation of blood administration, disposition and other data as indicated by policy
- Assume responsibility for narcotics.
- Render appropriate medical judgments and decisions
- Assist various facility departments including, but not limited to, assist nursing patient transfers and providing assistance in the emergency room.
- Success completion of NREMT-P
- Possess current National Registry, EMSRB and Minnesota
- Current ACLS and PALS training.
- PHTLS or BTLS
- Emergency driving course approved by ambulance
- Possesses a valid driver’s
- Completes duties under the guidelines of the Emergency Medical Services Regulatory Board
as laid out under State law and allowable per current licensure with the State of Minnesota.
- A 24-hour Refresher Course is required every two years for re-licensure.