Every agency member of the MAA receives a complimentary membership to the Savvik Buying Group. From medical supplies, to equipment, to vehicles, to apparel Savvik has negotiated discounted prices to help you save time and money.
Savvik shares a portion of revenue back to the MAA which further helps support the Association.
Enjoy savings every day and watch for special pricing programs throughout the year.
- Technology and communication products
- Safety supplies and cleaning products
- Forms and business cards
- Furniture and assembly
To register for online ordering, Click here
Already registered, log into StaplesAdvantage.com.
Grainger offers a deeply discounted program on Public Safety supplies and it is available to you through a national cooperative contract. You will get a minimum discount of 10% off on over 1 million products and up to 45% off on certain categories! Grainger and Savvik have established a Core List of Public Safety items. In addition, this program allows each member to designate their own Custom Core “Hot List” to help you save the most on products you use everyday.
For existing customers wishing to access the discount please follow the attached steps. Brand new customers who would like to order new service complete steps two and three then start shopping!
- Go to att.com/wireless/novation Enter 06216688
- Click “Register for Discounts”
- Enter your work email address and cell phone number, click continue
- Enter last 4 digits of SSN and billing zip code from your account for verification, click continue
- Check the box “I am a qualified employee…” click continue
EMS World Expo
The EMS World Expo conference program features timely, thought-provoking and educationally sound topics that are relevant to EMTs, paramedics, critical care providers, EMS educators, emergency nurses, EMS medical directors, EMS administrators and managers.
October 16-20, 2017 – Las Vegas Convention Center
MAA members receive
- Discounted conference registration
- Free exhibit hall passes
- 3 day conference passes raffled at the Teaching & Learning Conference
Rugged Laptops & Tablets
TKK rugged laptops and tablets are already bid and awarded on RFB #2014-0001 and we have a vast selection to fit your needs. TKK can also help with any custom units that you may require. We have done all the legwork for you, now you can save time and money! To learn more visit our website: http://www.savvik.org/Vendors-And-Distributors/Vendors/TKK-Electronics
Snap Fitness Snap Fitness 30 Pass Program Updated
Try Snap Fitness free for 30 days! That’s right; for a limited time the Minnesota Ambulance Association is invited to take advantage of a special 30 days free trial, good at any Snap Fitness location. This allows you the opportunity to try the club and see all of the ways Snap Fitness helps you get the results you want in a clean, comfortable environment, 24 hours a day. To help you get you started, you’ll also be provided with a free fitness assessment (a $100 value) to help you learn your current fitness level and get you started on a plan. This deal is available to all, and can be redeemed by visiting www.snapfitness.com/partnerships/wellness . Redeem your free 30 day trial online today, and see why Snap Fitness is the right club for you!
Volunteer Elibigle for MN Care
Contact Center at 1-855-366-7873 (I-855-3MNSURE)
Volunteer Ambulance License Plates
Visit the DMV for details.
Free Subscription to EMS World
- Supported and lobbied the Creation of an independent EMS regulatory authority
- Felony penalty for assaulting EMS personnel and hospital Emergency Department staff
- Seat belt fine of $25 with 90% dedication to EMS Regional Programs
- Inclusion of dedicated funding from the general fund for each biennium of $156,000 for each 8 Regional EMS programs
- Inclusion of all licensed ambulance personnel and 1st Responders in the state’s Death Benefits program
- Creation of Volunteer Ambulance personnel recruitment & retention program with an initial and dedicated funding of $950,000 /year
- Creation of EMS Taxing Districts [allows local taxing to support 1st responders, ambulance, emergency communications and related activities]
- Extending Revenue Recapture Act to all ambulance services licensed under statute 144e. [allows ambulance services to collect unpaid ambulance bills through the state]
- Maintain funding of the volunteer ambulance training reimbursement program of $$361,000 a year $722,000 biennium
- Tax exemptions for all licensed ambulance services from sales, license plate, repair parts
- State gas tax exemption for all licensed ambulance providers [21 cents/gallon]
- Appropriations for Automatic External Defibrillators [AED] for volunteer ambulance providers and state patrol vehicles statewide
- Exemption for annual licensing fees for air ambulances
- Mandatory reimbursement for all emergency ambulance calls; tighten reimbursement criteria for non-emergency ambulance transfers
- Extend Good Samaritan protection for non-EMS, full-time employees who use an AED
- State subsidy for the Comprehensive Advanced Life Support [CALS] program that began with $108,000/year and was increased to $408,000/year. In 2018-2019 secured and additional $200,000 appropriation.
- Blocked mandatory reporting by EMS personnel of patients suspected of being under influence of drugs or alcohol
- Secured study on ambulance insurance premium increases
- Secured study and recommendations on Ambulance Subscription Plans
- Creation of Volunteer Ambulance license plates
- Penalties for failure to yield to emergency vehicles
- Definition and voluntary registration of first responders and medical response units
- Inclusion of emergency ambulance in Minnesota Care insurance program
- Changed the law to allow for the creation of the North Central EMS purchasing cooperative
- Extended Peer Review protection to ambulance services
- Prohibition of discrimination against EMS personnel in securing health and life insurance
- Secured funding for statewide EMS Communications study
- Secured $199,000 for emergency communications equipment, destroyed by storms
- Successfully opposed reductions of funding for 8 EMS Regional Programs during numerous legislative sessions
- Secured $290,000 for the 8 Regional EMS programs to distribute and train EMS providers on Narcan
- Worked to increase funding to the 8 EMS Regional Programs
- Successfully opposed substantive changes in current ambulance licensing laws (Primary Service Area Law)
- Allowed waiver for the 2 EMT requirement for volunteer ambulance services
- Successfully challenged Met Life Insurance Company’s reduction in ambulance reimbursement under auto insurance
- Increased Medicaid reimbursement for ambulance [resulted in nearly doubling reimbursement for public assistance patients] Highest in Country.
- Added all Governmental ambulance Services in the 2017 session to the Medicaid Inter-Governmental transfer program for ambulance services. Results in leveraging millions of dollars for government ambulance providers
- Secured two ambulance positions (one rural; one metro) on the Statewide Radio Board
- Worked to prevent cuts in EMS-related funds (no funding was reduced)
- Secured an amendment to include EMS personnel to Chapter 173 that requires flags be flown at half-staff upon the death of public safety and military personnel, killed in the line of duty
- Worked with other organizations to secure passage of the 0.08 DWI legislation
- Worked with other organizations to secure passage of the PBX legislation
- Worked to support initial and continued funding of the ARMER system
- Passed the 1st in the Country Community Paramedic/EMT enabling and payment legislation
- Successfully blocked legislation that would have prohibited use of social security numbers as identifiers for ambulance data collection
- Secured permanent funding ($682,000 per year) for Metro East and Metro West online medical control
- Allowing use of Drive Cam devices in emergency vehicles
- Played key role in securing passage of legislation creating a Statewide Trauma System and permanent funding
- In 2017 session eliminated the proration requirement for non-emergency medical transportation
- Secured legislation for a single administrative structure for non-emergency medical transportation in 2015
Agency Membership Benefits Include
- Complimentary SAVVIK buying group membership
- Active committees working to advance EMS in Minnesota and beyond
- Billing & Reimbursement
- Community Paramedic
- EMS Educators
- EMS Honor Guard
- Rural Sustainability
- Wellness & Suicide Prevention
- Stars of Life Program
- Teaching & Learning Conference
- Community Paramedic Conference
- Quarterly Newsletter
- Job Postings
- EMS Resources
- Much, much more . . .