Job Opening: Full time EMS Education Coordinator
Posted May 4, 2016- Applications will be accepted until May 20, 2016.
Stevens County EMS and EMS Education is currently accepting applications for a full time EMS Education Coordinator position. The Education Coordinator develops
curriculum, coordinates, schedules, and instructs basic and advanced level emergency medical care courses for public safety personnel, paramedics, EMT’s, physicians, nurses, other healthcare professionals, and the public.
Schedule: 0800 to 1700 M-F with some nights and weekends.
- Bachelor’s degree or 5-10 years progressive supervisory duties and
- Current BLS, EMT
- BLS Instructor certification (or obtained within 1 year of hire)
- EMSRB instructor certification (or obtained within 1 year of hire)
- Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record according to RWF Enterprises, driving policy and insurance carrier requirements.
- Current AHA ACLS and PALS Instructor certification
- National Registered Paramedic certification
- Bachelor’s degree in health, business, EMS, education or
- Excellent communication and public relations
- Strong organizational and documentation
- Proficient with MS Office, PowerPoint, and presentation skills through a variety of multimedia and distance learning
Specific job activities and accountabilities include:
- Develop, schedule, coordinate, and instructs basic and advanced level emergency medical care courses and individualized continuing education sessions for public safety personnel, paramedics, physicians, nurses, other healthcare professionals, college students, and the public.
- Manages High School and college EMT programs, ensures compliance with partner agencies, and nurtures existing and creates new partners and collaborations to strengthen our EMS educational
- Serve as a resource regarding emergency medical issues for public safety personnel; share emergency medical educational expertise with public safety departments and other customer groups.
- Evaluate skills and abilities of students; Evaluate University and College student performance consistent with the policies and procedures of the institution of higher learning
- Supervise, orientate, and evaluate instructor performance and teaching staff. Conduct annual performance reviews on all instructors and education staff and
- Conduct learning needs assessment of students and customer
- Develop teaching plans and instructional strategies; incorporate distance learning technologies and other multimedia aids based on needs assessments, quality improvement and curriculum
- Conduct teaching sessions using multimedia content and distance learning
- Maintain all course and program records, issues completion certificates and cards, and maintains organized file of all course records, billings, evaluations, and
- Compiles data for research, reports and evaluation
- Coordinate and develop outreach to area EMS agencies, research, and special
- Arranges and maintains classroom schedule and keeps classroom and education facilities clean and
- Cleans and maintains all instructional equipment and oversees all other
- FLSA exempt
- Salary, Based on
- Benefits package includes group health, company sponsored retirement plan with matching contribution, dental, supplemental
- Education reimbursement and re-licensure
Stevens EMS has a run volume of approximately 1200 calls per year including 911 response and inter-facility BLS, ALS and critical-care transfers. We also maintain an active regional EMS Education program instructing approximately 3000 people annually. Stevens County is in west central Minnesota, has a population of 9700 and is home to the University of Minnesota, Morris. Applications available online at www.stevensems.com or by calling 320-589-7421. Submit application and resume to Josh Fischer, Director, via email email@example.com or mail to PO Box 231 Morris, MN 56267. Our main offices are located at 209 S Highway 9 in Morris.