To: All Regional Ambulance Service Partners and EMS Organizations
From: Sherm Syverson, Sr. Director
F-M Ambulance Service
Sanford Health – Fargo
Re: Transporting Patients to Sanford Hospital Locations in Fargo
Effective July 25, 2017, Sanford Health will be operating three hospitals in Fargo, North Dakota. In addition to the new hospital located at 5225 23rd Ave. S., Fargo, current hospitals located on Broadway and South University Drive will remain open. The most important change for EMS providers to note is the relocation of Sanford’s Emergency Department.
Here’s what you need to know:
- The Emergency Department at the new Sanford Medical Center Fargo (SMCF) opens at 5 a.m. on Tuesday, July 25. The Emergency Department at the Broadway location will close at that time.
- SMCF is located at the crossroads of I-94 and Veteran’s Boulevard.
- Our new address is: 5225 23rd S., Fargo, ND 58104
- The E.D. ambulance garage is located on the north side of the facility facing I-94.
- The best route is to take Exit 347 from I-94 onto Veteran’s Boulevard (9th East) and travel south to 23rd Ave South. Turn east (left) onto 23rd Ave. and turn north (left) on 51st Street. Follow signs to the ambulance entrance.
- To enter the ED garage, stay to the left and utilize the audio/visual box to alert staff of your arrival.
- Patient reports can be given by contacting E.D. on the following radio channels:
- North Dakota: V-MED 28
- Minnesota: EMHSFG
- When transporting or picking up patients to or from any Sanford hospital in Fargo you are encouraged to contact Sanford’s Traffic Controller RN at 701-417-2100 for assistance. The Traffic Controller RN will be able to answer your questions, receive patient care reports and provide you with room numbers for direct-admit patients.
We are excited to open this new facility and look forward to serving you at this location. Please contact us if you have questions or concerns.