ANNOUNCEMENT OF COMPETITIVE EXAM
FOR POSITION OF FIREFIGHTER/PARAMEDIC
VIRGINIA, MN FIRE/EMS DEPARTMENT
The city of Virginia Minnesota is accepting applications for the purpose of filling three immediate openings and compiling a new eligibility list for the position of Firefighter/Paramedic with the Virginia Fire/EMS Department. Testing will be conducted on Thursday, March 20, 2014. *Note* These openings are NOT SAFER grant positions.
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS HIRING PROCESS
Resumes must be received by 1630
Oral Interview will be held
March 20, 2014
The City will be compiling an eligibility list for future openings as well. If you do not meet the deadline above, but meet the minimum qualifications you may be contacted for a future hiring process.
Minimum Mandatory Qualifications:
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- Certification with the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians as a Paramedic and able to be certified as a Paramedic in the State of Minnesota with MNEMSRB.
- Current ACLS, CPR, and PALS or pediatric equivalent
- IFSAC FFII (or equivalent) certified
- Must have successfully completed the CPAT within the last 12 months for a job offer (CPAT not needed at time of application, written test or oral interview board).
- Able to obtain Minnesota Firefighter Licensure by completion of 12 month probation period.
- Valid vehicle operator equivalent to Minnesota class “D” and able to obtain MN class “B” if necessary.
- Successfully pass the City of Virginia pre-employment medical examination, background check, and other exams as requested by the City of Virginia.
For a job description and application please visit: www.virginiamn.us, or contact the Virginia Fire Department Training Office by calling 218-749-3592.
To be considered for the immediate openings a completed application and resume must be received no later than 1630 on Thursday March 13, 2014.